Mission and Vision
It’s hard to stake claim to being one of the best places to eat in Boulder, CO, but when you have more than 90+ years in operation, it’s hard to say otherwise. Open since 1923, The Sink is Boulder’s oldest restaurant and is home to some of the best burgers and pizzas around, but we’re not just known as one of the best places to visit because of our food. You’ll have to stop by and see why so many people, including numerous celebrities, have made The Sink a must-see joint when visiting Boulder, CO.
Mission. Our mission is simple: to advance The Sink’s historic tradition by providing a memorable quality experience while supporting our employees, community, and the environment.
Our History and Timeline
The Sink has been a staple of Boulder, CO for quite some time. Through our commitment to our neighbors, we’ve been able to be one of the best places to eat in Boulder CO, but also share a lot of history with the community. We’ve seen it all – from poodle skirts to disco fever. Make sure to take a look at our history and our timeline of events to learn a little more about The Sink.
Our Community Values
The Sink is committed to improving the strength and sustainability of the Boulder community. For 90+ years, we have engaged in active participation within the community and focused on our environmental efforts.
Environmentally speaking, our efforts have resulted in a drastic reduction of our environmental impact as a business. Since 2006 we’ve been actively participating, at all levels of our operations, to reduce our overall footprint. We’re very proud to have our efforts certified by “Partners for a Clean Environment” and to be honored as “Eco Hero’s” by the “Boulder County Business Report” (2009). The list below details some of the significant accomplishments of our continuing efforts…
- Since 2006 we have reduced our power consumption by almost 10%.
- Also in 2006 we partnered with “Renewable Choice Energy” and converted to using Wind Power exclusively.
- As a part of our standard business model each department uses only compostable or recyclable disposables.
- Our water conservation efforts include low-flow fixtures, low flow sprayers, water efficient dishwashers and 100% waterless urinals.
- We actively recycle.
- We use high efficiency lighting throughout our restaurant.
- The Sink is cooled in the summer by an evaporative cooling system.
The restaurant side of our business is undoubtedly the largest consumer of renewable resources. In our customer and catering kitchens we have employed the following conservation efforts…
- Our used fryer grease is recycled for Bio-Fuel.
- Our “to-go” boxes are 100% compostable.
- We offer our customers the choice of 100% Grass-Fed Beef.
- When in season, we support local farmers and use locally-grown produce.
- We’re proud members of “Greening the Hill Partnership”.
- Our water consumption is down by 30%.
We owe our 90+ years of existence to our community, and we will continue our conservation and community support efforts well into the foreseeable future.